Astroglide is a water-based personal lubricant that is designed to mimic your natural lubrication. It had been the first widely accessible personal lubricant made specifically for intensifying sexual pleasure and sensitivity (in the past, lubricants were just used for medical reasons). Astroglide is slick and acts as a moisturizer for vaginal dryness.
It lasts more than some other water-based lubricants and can be water-soluble and petroleum free.
- Long-lasting private lubricant
- Water-based personal lubricant, so it can be used safely with latex condoms and sex toys
- Slippery and lean consistency — so less is required per program
- Distinctly sweet taste
- Does not include spermicide
- Available in two glycerin and paraben-free formulas
- The bottles have a flip-top cover for easy, mess-free dispensing
- Maintenance is required while applying — too much can get sticky during use
- Some customers may not like the lean consistency
- Though it has a sweet taste, some might be bothered by it
- Original formula includes glycerin and paragons, so if you are prone to yeast infections, chemical sensitivities, or allergic reactions, you may not wish to use Astroglide.
There are six choices of Astroglide lubricants available.
- Astroglide Liquid: that can be Astroglide’s top-selling formula. It is a lot thinner than gel-based lubricants and gives you a silky smooth feeling that lubricates and soothes. Additionally, it washes clean off with water. Astroglide Liquid comes in two dimensions – 2.5oz and 5oz.
- Astroglide Liquid Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 15, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben.
- Astroglide Gel: this is a slick gel formulation with staying power. The gel provides a cushioning feeling and helps relieve dryness. Astroglide Gel comes in in 1 size – 4 oz.
- Astroglide Gel Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Methylparaben, Glucono Delta Lactone, and Sodium Hydroxide.
- Astroglide Sensitive Skin Gel: that is thick and smooth gel comes in an extra mild formula. It hydrates and smooths and is a great option when you’ve got sensitive skin. Astroglide Oily Skin Spray has been allergy tested and does not include any glycerin, parabens, fragrances or alcohol. Comes is 1 size – 3 oz.
- Astroglide Sensitive Skin Gel Ingredients: Purified Water, Xylitol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Pectin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, and Phenoxyethanol
- Astroglide Warming Liquid: this option offers you the perfect mixture of lubrication and stimulation. Astroglide Warming Liquid provides a heating and tingling sensation and comes in 1 size – 2.5 oz.
- Astroglide Warming Liquid Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Purified Water, Methylparaben, and Polyquaternium 15.
- Astroglide Strawberry Liquid: this flavored lubricant entices your senses with the sweet odor and flavor of strawberries. Comes in one size – 2.5 oz.
- Astroglide Strawberry Liquid Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Natural and Artifical Strawberry Flavor, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Saccharin, Methylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, and Citric Acid.
- Astroglide Natural Liquid: this is a personal lubricant that’s naturally-free out of glycerin, fragrance, hormones, alcohol, and flavorings. This water-based formula contains Xylitol (a natural, sugar-free humectant which helps to keep and absorb moisture). It also has botanical ingredients like Aloe Vera (which soothes and softens skin), Vitamin E and C (that offer antioxidant benefits), and Chamomile Flower Extracts (that have soothing and antibacterial properties). Astroglide Natural Liquid comes in one size – 2.5 oz.
- Astroglide Natural Liquid Ingredients: Purified Water, Xylitol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Potassium Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Phosphate (Vitamins C & E), Pectin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, and Phenoxyethanol.
Astroglide is still one of the best-selling personal lubricants on the market. Many couples say that it’s slick formula lasts for quite a while, needs less liquid per program, has a pleasant, sweet taste and enhances the ease and comfort of sexual activity. According to the manufacturer’s site:
- Astroglide Liquid, Warming Liquid, and Dry Skin gel can be used with latex male condoms.
- Astroglide Strawberry Liquid works with latex condoms, polyurethane condoms, polyisoprene condoms and female condoms.
- Astroglide Natural Liquid may be used with latex and polyisoprene condoms.
- Astroglide Gel is compatible with latex and polyurethane condoms in addition to female condoms.
Astroglide’s two glycerin and paraben-free formulas can help reduce the burning and irritation that may occur by means of traditional personal lubricants that contain glycerin and parabens. These formulas may also be good for menopausal women who might be more susceptible to chemicals as a result of thinning of vaginal tissue brought on by a decrease in hormone production.