Femcon Fe is your very first FDA-approved chewable mix birth control pill that, when taken every day, can help prevent pregnancy. It contains.4 mg norethindrone (a progestin) and 35 mcg ethinyl estradiol (estrogen).
How It Works
Femcon Fe functions as with other combination birth control pills. Each pack provides a continuous dose of norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol to endure for a month (21 hormone pills and 7 reminder pills).
How to Use It
Follow your physician’s advice regarding when to begin. Most importantly, you will start on the first day of your period or on the first Sunday after your period has started. After opening the package, take the peel and label and stick it to a pill pack, which will signal that your beginning date and show you the sequence to take the pills. Pick a time you will take your pill each day.
Femcon Fe is a small, spearmint-flavored pill that may be either swallowed or chewed. If you decide to chew the tablet computer, you need to wash it down with an 8-ounce glass of almost any beverage. It isn’t advised to let Femcon Fe pills dissolve in your mouth.
- Completely reversible. The ability to become pregnant returns after stopping use.
- It is the only oral contraceptive pill that can be chewed, so it is a fantastic alternative for women who have difficulty swallowing pills.
- It provides a girl the flexibility to bring it on the go.
- It may be efficiently utilized by women of all body types. According to a study, using a birth control pill with 35 mcg of estrogen may minimize the danger of pill failure as compared with lower dose tablets in women who weigh 155 lbs or more (statistics show the average U.S. female’s weight as 163 pounds).
- Femcon Fe helps lighten menstrual flow and regulate irregular intervals.
- This method is discreet.
- Femcon Fe doesn’t interfere with having sex so it allows for more spontaneity.
- Can decrease menstrual cramps.
- There’s a very low incidence of spotting or breakthrough bleeding between periods while on Femcon Fe. In a 3-year study of 1,000 women, 92% of girls taking Femcon Fe had no breakthrough bleeding.
- It’s a secure method of birth control.
Combination birth control, such as Femcon Fe, can offer additional benefits beyond pregnancy prevention. These advantages include decreasing the risk of developing:
- Pelvic inflammatory disorder
- Ovarian cancer and endometrial cancer
- Noncancerous cysts or lumps in the breast
- Anemia (that can result from getting heavy periods)
- Vaginal dryness and painful intercourse
- Particular ovarian cysts and ectopic pregnancies
- Headaches and melancholy (related with PMS)
- Excessive body
There is a low occurrence of side effects linked to the use of Femcon Fe. Side effects will often go away after two to three months of use. The most common side effects include:
- Nausea and/or nausea
- Breast tenderness
- Differences between phases
- Changes in sex or sexual desire
Who Would Use It
This method of birth control is usually a safe solution for most healthy women. It’s crucial that you discuss your entire medical history with your healthcare provider before using Femcon Fe. Serious problems do not happen very frequently with birth control pill usage. In general, the pill is a lot safer than pregnancy and childbirth.
Women who use combination pills, such as Femcon Fe, might have a slightly higher chance of developing certain medical conditions than nonusers. These could include:
- High blood pressure (which returns to normal Once the pill is stopped)
- Gallbladder disease
- Liver tumors (although infrequent )
A significant complication which could arise from Femcon Fe use has related to blood clots in the heart, lungs, brain, or legs. Women using blend pills that are restricted to bed rest along with a cast appear to have a better chance of developing a blood clot. Women should inform their surgeons regarding their Femcon Fe usage when planning a significant operation.
How to Obtain It
In order to get a prescription for this pill, a woman will normally have to get a health test, blood pressure test, and possibly a pelvic exam by a physician. Women can then have the prescription filled at a local pharmacy.
Oral contraceptives may be purchased at a pharmacy or clinic so long as a lady has a legitimate prescription. Femcon Fe comes from monthly packs which may cost anywhere between $15 to $45 per month (and also the expense of having a health evaluation or blood pressure check so as to get the prescription). In most communities, Medicaid covers the cost with this birth control method. You need to check with your personal health insurance policy as coverage as policy for birth control pills must be insured with no out-of-pocket costs for many non-grandfathered insurance programs.
Femcon Fe pills are 92-99.7percent effective. This implies that using average usage, only 8 out of each 100 women will get pregnant through the first period of usage. With perfect use, less than 1 will become pregnant. Whether one decides to swallow or think the pills does not alter their effectiveness prices.
Certain medicines may also decrease the efficacy of hormonal contraceptives.
Femcon Fe provides no protection against sexually transmitted diseases.