The impact of having a daily period, for many women, may be experienced as a minor inconvenience, yet it may also be a significant health concern for others. The use of the Ortho Evra patch offers women the choice to choose when and if they become pregnant while also enabling women the ability to control when and if they have a time.
Research demonstrates that if given the choice, the majority of women would prefer prolonged menstrual cycles.
Many women may have medical reasons for wanting to skip a time. The most common medical reasons that women give include headaches, cramping, painful periods, heavy bleeding, and PMS.
What’s the Ortho Evra Patch?
The Ortho Evra Patch is a weekly form of hormonal birth control. It is a discreet and reversible kind of prescription contraception. It is a 4 x 4 cm, thin, smooth, beige, plastic patch that sticks to a woman’s skin.
How to Skip Your Period Using the Patch
- Determine the month that you Want to skip your period.
- Proceed to replace/change your contraceptive patch once a week to the 3 weeks before wanting to skip your time.
- After week , eliminate your patch.
- Instead of not utilizing the patch through week four and waiting for your period, put on a brand new patch during the fourth week (once you take the preceding one off). This will keep the hormone levels steady, and by maintaining steady the source of hormones, this will remove your daily withdrawal bleed.
- Continue employing a new patch once a week, for three successive weeks.
- When you reach the end of the next week on the spot, take it off, and your withdrawal bleed (i.e., period) must return.
Strategies for Successfully Skipping Your Period With the Ortho Evra Patch
- Be Sure to have sufficient Ortho Evra Patches available.
- Keep tabs on where you are in your cycle as you must immediately replace your old contraceptive patch using a new in the end of the next week of use.
- If you merely wish to bypass one period, the moment you begin to put on your brand new contraceptive patch (during week four), continue as you usually would. However, if you would like to bypass another month’s span also, only repeat steps two to five.
- Some girls are concerned about the safety of skipping periods. Research has consistently proven that this can be common and completely secure to perform. Plus, this practice doesn’t undermine the effectiveness of your birth control pills.
- One thing to keep in mind, some insurance companies will not permit you to pick up a prescription early, so make sure that you check this out ahead of time if you’re planning to skip your period and need to buy additional patches.